Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WHAT???????????? (In a really good way!)

So, in August I had an appointment in Seattle with a Neurosurgeon to look at my aneurysm. This very SMALL aneurysm was detected last summer when I was diagnosed with a Right Internal Carotid Artery Dissection, through several MRI's and CT Scans. I went through the treatment for the carotid thing and was taken off the meds for that. I was then referred to the neurosurgeon that is an expert on aneurysms.
ANYWAY....
The day of my Seattle appointment, I left work early and went to the Everett Clinic to pick up the CDs with my imaging on them. Jeremy took time off work to meet me at Swedish Hospital. We had separate cars and both had to pay for parking. After getting all signed in, WEIGHED, and waiting for the doctor to make it to my exam room, the nurse discovers that the CDs are BLANK! No images of my brain nor my vasculars. Nothing.
Needless to say, I was ANNOYED!
I was told to definitely call the Everett Clinic and complain. I thought about it, but really? What could they do? It was a mistake. That happens.
Well....
2 weeks ago I got the bill for that office visit..(that reminds me...I need to fax them a copy of my insurance card)...$92.00 for nada! There is nothing that the neuro guy could have said to me without actually seeing the said aneurysm, eh!
So, I called the EC and spoke with a very nice older gentlemen who took my complaint. I simply asked that they pay for the office visit. Obviously I am going to get billed for the appt. The doctor did take time for me.
I honestly didn't expect to even hear back from them.
BUT......
yesterday, I got an envelope from The Everett Clinic, which is not unusual because I have been making monthly payments to them for a good year and a half now for at least one of us, and up to all 4 of us at once.
Upon further inspection, I realized that it was not a bill, but a check. Also, not unusual, I just figured I had over paid one of our accounts and they were refunding the over payment. Well......there was a letter with the check.
A REALLY NICE LETTER.
The director of the Advanced Imaging dept. completely and sincerely apologized for their error and reimbursed me the full amount of the office visit, as well as extra for other inconveniences. I got a check for $150 and the nicest most unexpected letter!
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????? That was awesome!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment