Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Truth Tuesday....

Normally, my goal is to write a scriptural truth. BUT....I am sharing my truth for today....

My truth today=
*I am fat (have gained TWENTY pounds since hurting my knee in June)
*I NEED to stop eating so much.
*I DID go to spin this morning.
*Jeremy's car is in the shop so he had to take mine to work.
*I can't get to work (not sad about this.
*I have a doctor's appointment at 2pm (might make it, might not).
*Our washing machine broken.
*I am going to try to fix the broken washing machine.
*Most of the clothes in the house are dirty (no car to go to the laundromat)
*The house is a wreck (good thing I can't go to work).......

Also, I happened to watch Dr. Oz last week and saw a show on a challenge he has put out there.. lose 10 pounds by the end of the year...So I am taking it....
http://members.doctoroz.com/challenge/the-just-10-challenge

It is a program to help ME and you, if you want. It is pretty basic. But weight loss is basic. Eat fewer calories than you burn. Simple right? Ha hahahahahah!
So I signed up for it. I copied and pasted the eating portion of the program below. He also says to take vitamin b6 and some kind of mango supplement. I will be checking that out too.

Anyhoooo......that is it for today!

Dr. Ro developed a diet plan that breaks down the foods you love into the serving sizes that will help you lose 10 pounds.
TASK #1
Know Your Serving Sizes

Each day, you get a total of 10 servings of the food you love, but the key is portion size. Here's your guide:
Proteins and Fats 4 Servings
1 serving of chicken = 1 breast (skinless)
1 serving of meat and fish = no larger than the palm of your hand
1 serving of beans = 1 cup
1 serving of cheese = the size of 2 dice
1 serving of olive oil = the size of a poker chip

Complex Carbohydrates 3 Servings
1 serving of spaghetti = the diameter of a quarter (measure dry)
1 serving of grains (like cous cous, rice and quinoa) = 1/2 cup uncooked; 1 cup cooked

Fruit 3 Servings
Whole fruits = the size of 1 scoop of ice cream
Berries = 1 cup

Vegetables Unlimited Servings
You should never be hungry during the Just 10 Challenge. Fill up on the fiber and nutrients found in your favorite vegetables.

Additionally, you can have dessert every other day. However, that dessert can be no bigger than the size of your hand.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your broken belongings (but not sorry that you get to be home and take care of some other important things? ;)

    Shanna, I am continually impressed that you are always trying to better yourself and embrace a healthier lifestyle. I know lots of people who aren't happy with how they look and feel but just give up, and I think you are a great role model for those of us who know you and for your kids. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete