Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Truth Tuesday....

There is so much hurt and ugliness in the world. I hate that. Life is not fair. People should not go hungry. Kids should not suffer. People groups should not have to endure torment by others. A mother should not have to say good bye to their child and walk out the door knowing that all that will be left of that child's body is ashes. People should not feel so alone and hopeless that they take their own lives. Kids should feel safe going to school, but not all do. These things hurt my heart. My soul cries out.."NOOOOOO!!! It isn't fair!!!!!!!!"

I don't have an answer to why these things happen. What I hold onto is my hope in Jesus. I believe that the Bible is the infallible and complete Word of God. I have faith (hope in what I cannot see). I cannot see wind. But I can see how the wind blows the leaves all over the place and makes the tree sway back and forth. So I know that wind exists. It is the same way with God. I cannot see him. But I can see how he affects people and lives.

John 16:33, in the Amplified Bible, says:
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]


Nahum 1:7 says: The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,

and one of my very favorite verses...

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.

The Bible does not tell us that we will not have any problems when we turn our hearts and lives over to Christ. It tells us that we will experience hardships and turmoil and temptation. BUT...God will be there with us to walk us through these things. He will hold our hand or carry us, if that is what we need. BUT...first we have to put our complete trust in Him. Focus on Him. We have to give our lives to Him, completely and unreservedly.

I do not know how people can go through this life without the hope of eternity with Christ. Without knowing that everything will be made right. That Jesus has overcome sin, death and the grave through his death and resurrection. I would be an alcoholic or a drug addict without that assurance. It is not always easy. But the reward is going to be worth the journey. I just know it!

p.s. One of my favorite websites is http://www.biblegateway.com/ You can look up passages by word searches or if you know the location. You can see the same verse in any translation It is very cool!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to know you. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete