Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

My Takeaway from the "Rachel Hollis Presents Made For More" Movie

Waiting for the show to start.
I went to the Aug 13 showing of Rachel Hollis Presents Made for More. The documentary was great. It made me wish that I had been at the live event. Next time there is one, I will be there. I’m just trying to decide if I want to go to the closest one to me or use it for an excuse to get away for a long weekend. So, I bought tickets for myself and a friend. She bailed on me for a really good reason. Franklin Graham was in town and her husband really wanted to go to that. I can’t begrudge her that opportunity. Then my back up bailed on me too. I kind of saw that coming. Well, that opened up the opportunity for me to guild my husband into coming with me. A lot of husbands could not be convinced to go to something like this with their wives. My husband is really truly amazing. He loves me and will do just about anything for me. I am not going to lie, after hearing Dave Hollis on last Thursday’s Rise Together Podcast, I WANTED my husband to go so that he could hear Dave’s perspective. I was a tad disappointed. I was hoping that the whole presentation from the podcast would be included, but it was cut down quite a bit. All hope is not lost however. My husband did mention that what Dave had said was impactful. So, I did just text him the link to the whole podcast in hopes that he will listen and and hear and let Dave’s words and the truth behind them sink in.
What was my take away? Well…. I have a lot of goals. Most are not extravagant. I did just achieve one of the biggest goals I have ever set for myself. My goals are more like getting out of debt, decluttering my house, being able to travel, and having an incredible marriage and relationships with my children. Rachel suggests choosing 1 goal to work on at a time. As you work to achieve that goal and be the best that you can be in that area, all of the other areas in your life tend to also improve as your intentionality seeps into other important areas of your life.
My problem isn’t lack of goals or information or knowing what I need to do. I lack motivation to get started and to stick with it. Rachel said something about motivation and I meant to write it down when I got in the car, but I don’t remember what she said! It was something to the point of you just have to make yourself do it. But she said it in a much better way. What she did say that really resonated with me was so simple and I am appalled that I never considered it before. With me it’s usually all or nothing. She challenged everyone to pick one goal and brainstorm things that you can do to move you toward that goal and then pick the one thing that will have the biggest impact and do that for one hour per day for 5 days a week. ONE. HOUR. PER. DAY. I can do that. Of course that is to get you started and the idea is that that one hour will turn into whatever it takes to reach the goal. But I can start with one hour per day to work toward something that is going to greatly improve my quality of life.
For now, I am choosing something that shouldn’t take years to accomplish (getting out of debt will). I am going to work toward MY GOAL of decluttering my house. Dare I even say, my goal of becoming a MINIMALIST???? That seems like a dream more than a goal. WHAT DO YOU DO WITH ALL THE PAPER????
I was MADE FOR MORE than living in a house that overwhelms me when I look around. When I do decide to clean a room or a drawer or a closet my eyes are opened and the veil falls away. I start to see all of the things that need to be done and feel so overwhelmed that I raise that veil right back up and open my kindle. Not anymore. Today, for ONE HOUR, I will do something to begin the process of DECLUTTERING.
What is your goal? What’s the one thing you can start doing today that will get you closer to that goal? Can you commit one hour per day for 5 days a week to work toward it?
YES!!!!!! You really can! Let me know how it goes!

Shanna

Hashtags
#madeformoremovie #risetogetherpodcast #goals #declutter

No comments:

Post a Comment