Pages

Monday, August 13, 2018

Ponderings…





Wow.. It's been a long while since I have been here. Well, let's get right into it.

Last month a very good friend introduced me to the book Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis. I was like, sure… whatever… I’ll read it. OH. MY. WORD. I could not have imagined the internal change reading this book would invoke. Since reading the book (I actually took a break from the book to investigate things mentioned in the
book.) I have experienced something akin to an awakening. That sounds so incredibly corny, but I can’t think of a better word. Rachel’s book is great! Each of 20 chapter starts out with a lie that Rachel has told herself and how she combatted that lie and changed her thoughts and actions. The majority of it definitely resonated with me. While the book was AMAZING… the bigger affect the book had on me was through my explorations of some of the things mentioned in the book.

Here are some:


Body Love by Kelly Leveque--- GAME! CHANGER! My mom and I listened to this audiobook on a road trip and I couldn’t wait to get home and order it. It explains eating in a scientific, understandable way that MAKES SENSE! The day after I got home from our trip I put this information to use and have lost 8.2 pounds (in two weeks) and I feel great- energy wise- I still have a LOT of pounds to go.


Podcasts-- I used to listen to podcasts all the time. My favorite was New Life Live with Stephen Arterburn. I would listen in the car and when I worked out. New podcasts that I have discovered as a direct result of “meeting” Rachel Hollis are:
Rise Podcast by Rachel Hollis.. Basically about living your best life
Rise Together Podcast by Rachel and Dave Hollis.. Relationship advice from the Hollis’s. It is great! Full of fun and practical, tactical ideas for relationships.
Trailercast by Elyse Snipes.. Basically therapy information from a vintage trailer. Super Great!
Tony Robbins by….. Tony Robbins.. All kinds of great personal-growth information from all kinds of knowledgeable people.
Goal Digger by Jenna Kutcher.. Great information on redefining success and chasing dreams.
The Skinny Confidential Him & Her by Lauryn Evarts & Michael Bosstick… Lot’s of information about a lot of things pertaining to men and women. Most have an “Explicit” notation for language mostly.


And podcasts that I have discovered as an indirect result of “meeting” Rachel Hollis:
The Minimalists.. Living the minimalist life. It is so great and inspirational and I want to be a minimalist so bad. I hope that it motivates me to action!
Ted Talks Daily.. Ted Talks. You know. People that know things, talking about those things.


And my podcast subscription list seem to be growing daily.


So what do I and/or am I going to do with all of this information and sense of awakening? Well… I am not quite sure yet. I am starting out with developing some goals and I want to be very deliberate about putting a plan in place to work and achieve these goals. After listening to Brooke Castillo’s podcast, I am going to #BelieveHard that I am able to achieve what I set out to do. According to Rachel Hollis #HopeIsNotaStrategy so it’s going to take planning and hard work to get what I want more, rather than what I want right now!


To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment