Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Kindapping, Circuses, and Vampires, Oh MY!

So, this has been a great couple of months of reading for me! I took an online summer class, which started of the roll. I read this great book about a 14 year old boy that began a 40 year journey of Schizophrenia. It was such a great read and very insightful into the world of mental ilness.
I also read:
 The Stranger Beside Me, by Ann Rule. This was the story of Ted Bundy, serial killer. Fascinating!
There were a couple other books for the class that I merely got through to write papers!
After the class was over, the fun began!!!!!!! The first book that I read FOR ENJOYMENT was:
 I super loved this book!!!! Such a great love story and who knew what went on behind the scenes of the circus...OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!! I haven't seen the movie yet, and I am not sure why! I need to get on that!
Next up......
I saw the movie before I read the book and I was not disappointed with either! I had heard about this book like 2 years ago and have wanted to read it. Finally got to it and I loved it so much! Each character evokes such strong emotions!
After this, I turned back to non-fiction for:
This tragic book is just seriously heartbreaking!!!! This woman grew up under horrible conditions under unthinkable circumstances. She does get rescued but has a long road of recovery to walk. My heart was broken when I finished because I just really want for her to know Jesus. I am praying for her!!!!
After this I took a little break from reading, as I tend to get consumed with it.
AND....I went on a girls weekend in September with 2 friends. One friend convinced me to watch the 3 Twilight movies, which I have sworn NEVER to watch and especially NEVER to read the books. Not because I have anything against vampires and werewolves, but because I knew I would get SUCKED in. Well.... I did. In a big way!
 
Right away in the first movie I was hooked. I knew that I was going to have to read all of the books to get all of the details! And I did. It took me approximately 10 days to read 2,490 pages of wonderfulness!!!!! I will blog more about this later, it is brewing in my mind!!!!
The next book that I will be taking on is this 800 page novel:
I will let you know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment