Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cayenne Pepper and Maple Syrup and Lemons...OH MY!



So, a friend mentioned "the lemonade diet" to me a while back. So I looked into it. I checked out several books about it. It is officially called The Master Cleanse.

The bottom line is this:
10 days of eating and drinking NOTHING except:
-6-12 glasses of the "lemonade" (2 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice, 2 TBSP Grade B Maple Syrup, 1/10 tsp Cayenne Pepper and 8 oz. water)
-1 cup herbal laxative tea (I haven't gotten any of this yet)
-32 oz water w/ 2 tsp uniodized salt. FIRST THING EVERY MORNING!!!! (It is 6:57am on Sunday and I drank my first qt of salt water about 1/2 hour ago. GROSS!!!!!! I don't know that I can do that 9 more times!

So, I started yesterday. I forgot about the salt water part until I had already drank some lemonade. I started the salt water flush today. Drinking 32 oz of salt water is nasty!!!! I only got about 28 oz down actually.
The book says that 1/2 to one hour after drinking the salt water you will begin to have "urges to eliminate". I will spare you the details!

I am going to drink a cup or 2 of coffee each day. I don't want to go through caffeine withdrawals while I am starving myself. (The books say that you don't feel hungry. They lie!)

My goal is to keep a blogging journal of how this goes. I am not saying that I will last 10 days. I may not last through today. We will see!!!!!!

p.s. I am down 3.2 pounds from yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Already down! WOW. I think I might try it. But 10 days is a long time... ;) Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete