Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Today

I had the craziest day ever!
A day that started out like any other.
Just a Saturday.
Got online before going to the gym, just to check in with the world.
What I found there changed my day.
I planned to work out and then hang out at home. Maybe watch a movie. Maybe blog. Maybe read my book club book. Clean up a little. Do some laundry. Just a day.
But that all changed.
I made a phone call, then another (with a few in between).
Craziness!!!
I showered and readied and headed out, for my change in plans.
Freaking out the whole way.
Wondering what on earth I was doing.
Am I crazy?
What am I hoping for?
Why am I doing this?
Where will it lead?
Do I want it to lead anywhere?
Should I turn around and go back home?
Why did I ever start this ball rolling?
Is this what you want, God?
Is this the right time?
Lead me, direct me, guide me, help me.
I am so excited and scared and anxiety-ridden, and even hopeful (I didn't want to admit that part.).
What will it be like?
Will it be awkward?
Uncomfortable?
How do I act?
What do I say?
Another couple of phone calls. I need to talk to keep my mind occupied.
I am ....I don't even know.
Then I get there.
It was weird.
It was awkward, but not like I thought.
It almost felt comfortable.
It definitely felt right.
It fit.
I was supposed to do this.
I am supposed to be here.
Thank You, Lord, for this opportunity.
Thank You for this open door.
Please don't let me blow it.
I didn't want it to end.
But end, it must.
Until next time.
But then it will be different.
Only excitement!
So now.
I am processing.
I had no intentions of connection, but it happened.
I thought I would be able to just put it behind me and move on, but I can't.
Wondering.
Where will this lead?
Reflecting.
It was really great.
Peaceful, yet wanting more, needing more, hoping for more.
Yet,
Abundantly thankful.
It was more than worth all of the worry and anguish and stress!!!!!

1 comment: